Event and CovID-19 Update

The whole world is now aware of the CovID-19 virus, and we thought it time to update you as to where we stand at Motormania this year.

We are sure you will all appreciate the amount of planning that an event like MM takes – both in time and money, and as such we have to start the planning stage what seems like earlier every year. This year is exactly the same, and we have already had several meetings to discuss this years offering.

However, as the days progress, it is becoming clear that this year may be a little different. For the first time in over 20 years this years event is in doubt.

As we are all in the process of wait and see what happens, both personally and organisationally, at some stage we will have to make a decision whether we go ahead this year.

We, as an organising committee, continue to hope for the best and plan for the worst. There are considerable expenses that we need to invest each year, that are usually covered in September by the income from the event. We do not wish to invest cash into something that may not actually happen as we are sure you understand.

So right now – the decision is a resounding NO DECISION – but we will keep monitoring the situation and make a final call as soon as we can be sure it’s the right way to go.

What that means in practical terms is:

      • We have The Square at Grantown if we are in a position to use it.
      • Trade Stall registration will NOT BE OPENING JUST NOW
      • Vehicle registration WILL NOT BE OPENING JUST NOW

We all feel that if possible the show must go on – BUT we are also realists.

On the Brightside – we have the usual pin badges for sale for the 2020 event, and you can get yours from the link on the right. They may turn out to be original collectors items who knows?

Thanks for your patience on this.